TOP STORIES >
The U.S. West Coast produces over 90% of America’s wine, but the region is also prone to wildfires — a combustible combination that spelled disaster for the industry in 2020 and one that scientists are scrambling to neutralize.
Gov. Newsom just signed a tax on firearms and ammunition, among other new gun control laws. California’s remaining gun manufacturers wonder if they have a future.
JPR has spoken with two women who say they were sexually assaulted by Kevin Farrow. He has denied the accusations.
The Senate voted 88-9 to approve a short-term spending bill to fund the government through Nov. 17. President Biden signed the bill into law shortly afterward.
Marion Mayor Dave Mayfield in a text said he suspended Chief Gideon Cody on Thursday. He declined to discuss his decision further and did not say whether Cody was still being paid.
- Retired Red Sox knuckleballer Tim Wakefield dies at 57
- GOP wants Rep. Jamaal Bowman punished after he triggered a fire alarm on Saturday
- In France, workers build a castle from scratch the 13th century way
- Who's in the Army now? A pitch switch aims to get more military recruits
- Pro-Russia ex-PM leads leftist party to win in Slovakia's parliamentary elections
The former president railed against Democrats and again claimed the 2020 election was rigged in his speech to the California Republican Party. With him skipping the primary debates, the party convention may get the next best thing, with speeches also by Sen. Tim Scott and Gov. Ron DeSantis.