TOP STORIES >
State lawmakers want to loosen CalWORKs job requirements so people keep cash benefits. Congress’ debt limit deal could curb that.
Reach Out To The JPR Newsroom ...
Two years ago, Blackstone bought 66 relatively low-rent apartment buildings in San Diego County from a charitable foundation. Tenants of those 5,800 dwellings say they see rent increases, maintenance issues and evictions in their futures.
Oregon's coastal communities are looking into elk culls to regulate their population. The question is: How many elk is too many elk?
On The Next Jefferson Exchange
OPEC+ countries also agreed to extend oil production cuts they announced in April through the end of 2024, reducing production by more than 1 million barrels per day.
On June 5, 1968, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy was gunned down in a hotel in Los Angeles. Kennedy, a presidential hopeful who was memorialized as a liberal icon, was complicated and contradictory.
- Prince Harry to be 1st royal ever to testify in a phone-hacking tabloid trial
- We ask the creator of 'Succession' everything you wanted to know about the finale
- Norma Hunt, wife of the Kansas City Chiefs founder, dies at 85
- A 97-year-old Los Angeles church catches on fire for the 2nd time in 2 years
- Military F-16s intercepted a business jet, shocking D.C. residents with a sonic boom
The federal bench trial that will result in a first ruling about whether the new law is legal under the U.S. Constitution starts next week at the federal courthouse in Portland.
Today’s the deadline for bills to pass their first house in the California Legislature.