TOP STORIES >
Survivors, police frustrated with low convictions as reported sex trafficking soars in Oregon and Washington.
The state’s approach to funding K-12 education is not easy to comprehend, and the Portland Public Schools strike has shoved the thorny issue into the political spotlight.
In a strong sign that the U.S. will consider breaching four controversial dams on the Snake River, a leaked Biden administration document says the government is prepared to help build clean energy projects to replace the power generated by the dams.
Yahya Sinwar, the leader of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, is widely believed to have helped mastermind the unprecedented Hamas attack that changed the course of Israeli-Palestinian history.
Vice President Harris gave her most extensive comments to date on the fighting in Gaza, emphatically calling on Israel to do more to protect civilians.
- Houthi missiles strike commercial ships in Red Sea, while U.S. warship downs drones
- Venezuelans vote in referendum to claim sovereignty of territory in neighboring Guyana
- Biden used to keep quiet about Trump. Now Biden's invoking his name to raise alarms
- Health is on the agenda at UN climate negotiations. Here's why that's a big deal
- France's anti-terrorism prosecutor opens an investigation into tourist's killing
As the holiday season begins, local theaters are performing a lot of themed plays, musicals and ballets.
Cal State officials offered a 5% increase for each of the next three years, although those raises are not guaranteed. The union plans to strike at four campuses. CalPoly Humboldt and Chico State are not among the initial targets of the labor action.