© 2023 | Jefferson Public Radio
Southern Oregon University
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
541.552.6301 | 800.782.6191
KSOR Header background image 1
a service of Southern Oregon University
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Keeping Carbon Monoxide Out Of The House

CarbonMonoxide_detector.JPG
Sideroxylon/Wikimedia
/

Ah, winter.  It can certainly be pretty in the right conditions, but the weather often forces us indoors, windows and doors shut, with some kind of heating system running. 

What could go wrong?  Carbon monoxide, for one thing.  The Oregon State Fire Marshal's Office is issuing its annual warnings about carbon monoxide, the gas you can't see or smell, and its detection and abatement. 
 

Stay Connected
Geoffrey Riley is a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism and has hosted the Jefferson Exchange on JPR since 2009. He's been a broadcaster in the Rogue Valley for more than 35 years, working in both television and radio.