Commenting On Klamath NF's Fire Recovery Plans UPDATED with Open House Plans
The fires are cold, but the scars remain.
Several fires burned large swaths of the Klamath National Forest during the summer and fall of 2014.
Now the Forest Service proposes rehabilitation projects in those areas: The Westside Fire Recovery Project.
The Draft Environmental Impact Statement is out and comments are open until the middle of April.
Forest officials join us with details on goals and process.
ADDED: Klamath National Forest plans these open houses on the project:
- Tuesday, March 31st in Happy Camp at the Karuk Senior Nutrition Center, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 2nd in Klamath River at the Community Hall, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 3rd at the Seiad Valley Fire Hall, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 4th in Yreka at the Klamath National Forest Headquarters, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7th in Eureka at the Six Rivers National Forest Headquarters, 1330 Bayshore Way, Eureka, CA 95501. 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 9th in Sawyers Bar at the Salmon River Resource Center, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.