Fire Benefits And More: First Friday Arts For October
You can take people out of the arts venues, but you can't take the arts out of their souls. The pandemic and the need to keep people apart had a big impact on events that draw crowds, like theaters and art galleries.
But the artists of the region have found some novel workarounds to avoid spreading the novel coronavirus. We continue to celebrate the arts of the region in our First Friday Arts segment, throwing open the phone lines to hear of arts events--in-person or virtual--from around the region.
One we've heard plenty about: the "Rebuild the Rogue" fire benefit concert, streaming and on local cable TV in the Rogue Valley. Call 800-838-3760 to join the party.
Besides "Rebuild the Rogue," we heard from:
- New Zone Gallery in Eugene, opening up an annex
- Collaborative Theatre Project in Medford
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre in Ashland
- Wild Relief Music Festival, another fire benefit in the Rogue Valley
- Rogue Theatre Company in Ashland
- Janus Jazz Quintet performing at La Baguette in Ashland
- Chamber Music Concerts in Ashland