Together Apart In Art: First Friday Arts For September
Creativity in the arts got stretched big-time this year. When you can't get people together in big groups for things like concerts and plays, you figure something else out.
And arts organizations did just that, offering physically-distanced seating plans, online concerts and performances, and drive-in events. We've been amazed at the ways in which arts producers managed to produce SOMETHING despite the obstacles.
And now that summer is about to give way to fall, we invite them to talk up their September events in our First Friday Arts segment. All the content comes in over the phone: 800-838-3760. We open the lines for whoever wants to talk about an event, from Eugene to Mendocino.
Calls came in from:
- Siskiyou Singers – Ashland – looking for singers/virtual auditions
- Thor Polson – Ashland - Concert Saturday at La Baguette Bakery
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre - Ashland, running a series of cabaret acts on weekends starting September 11th, running through November 6th (physically distanced!)
- Liberty Arts – Yreka - September 11th 5-7 PM exhibition opening of “Lyric,” art inspired by musical lyrics
- Rogue Theater Company – Ashland - Doug Rowe, Barry Kraft, Shirley Patton read “A Walk in the Woods” Sunday September 20th at Grizzly Peak Winery
- Barnstormers Theatre – Grants Pass – Charlotte’s Web in person AND livestreamed, September 12th through 27th