Summer Reads Returns: Northtown Books, Arcata
The concept of a summer vacation has been twisted and torn by the pandemic.
But a vacation of the mind is possible, anytime, anywhere. Lots of us still relish a good book on a warm summer day.
We found enough bookstores open for business to resume our Summer Reads segment, starting with Northtown Books in Arcata.
Dante DiGenova visits with a list of books he and other store workers favor this year.
- How to Die, from an ancient text by Seneca
- The White Umbrella, by Brian Sewell
- I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts, a book of essays by Mark Dery
- Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties by Tom O'Neill
- The Pursuit of Love, by Nancy Mitford
- The Windup Girl, by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Calypso, by David Sedaris