Eyes off the action and more, in Signals & Noise
What you don't know CAN hurt you, we learn frequently. So it's remarkable how sharply attention to news media fell off once the election year of 2020 ended.
That's one major development we plan to discuss; once a month we take up issues and events in the media in the segment Signals & Noise.
Our regulars discuss the hot topics: Chris Lucas from the Southern Oregon University Communication faculty, and Humboldt State University Assistant Professor of Journalism and Mass Communication Jessie Cretser-Hartenstein.
Join us for a discussion that can include topics as disparate as video-streaming services and the best Victorian novels.
The "Pick Three" media choices of the month:
- Maria Ressa, Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWVb2AUl5Y
- The Expanse final season - https://www.space.com/the-expanse-season-6-back-on-amazon-prime
- The Rescue - https://films.nationalgeographic.com/the-rescue
- The Stoic Challenge - https://www.williambirvine.com/books
- Hidden Brain - Minimizing Pain, Maximizing Joy - https://hiddenbrain.org/podcast/minimizing-pain-maximizing-joy/
- Project Rebound - https://www.calstate.edu/impact-of-the-csu/student-success/project-rebound
- BONUS: HSU Project Rebound video link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waFiPc6nYiU