Summer Reads: Picks From Ashland's Bloomsbury Books
Do you really want to go to the beach right now? Trying to enjoy life this summer involves trying not to end up near other people. So summer pleasures have been adjusted a bit.
Lots of us still relish a good book on a warm summer day. We found enough bookstores open for business to resume our Summer Reads segment, continuing with Bloomsbury Books in Ashland.
Co-owner Sheila Burns visits with a list of books she and other store workers favor this year.
- What It's Like to Be a Bird: From Flying to Nesting, Eating to Singing–What Birds Are Doing, and Why by David Allen Sibley
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- Hamnetby Maggie O'Farrell
- The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Long Bright River by Liz Moore
- Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler