Southwest Oregon election roundup
There were no statewide races or measures on Oregon’s Election Day ballot Tuesday, but here's a round-up of results from some local measures in southwest Oregon.
* In Jackson County, a proposal to make the county assessor a non-elected position was soundly defeated.
* The Josephine County jail levy and the animal shelter levy both passed by a 2-to-1 margin and fire department levies in the Illinois Valley and Williams were approved 80 to 20 percent.
* Voters in Douglas County voted overwhelmingly to approve repairs to the historic Winchester Dam on the North Umpqua River.
* Coos County voters decisively defeated school levies in Coquille and North Bend.
* The proposed South Coast Parks and Recreation District in Curry County was shot down 61-to-39 percent.
* The Western Lane County Ambulance District 5-year levy passed 56-to-44 percent.