Social Media Buzz: From 'Deflategate' The Met Ball
Mike Barry of The Guardian joins Here & Now’s Robin Young to look at how the news is reverberating on social media. The stories include:
The NFL’s report on the controversy over whether the New England Patriots used deflated footballs during the AFC Championship game, dubbed “Deflategate.”
- Indy Star: 12 best social media references to Patriots’ DeflateGate
- The Guardian: ‘Come on help the deflator': the incriminating Deflategate texts in full
Storm chasers using social media to track and report on tornadoes.
- Chicago Tribune: Social media accelerates word of tornado threat
The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala, and social media’s reactions to who wore what, and how few were wearing dresses by Chinese designers at an event that’s theme was China.
- New York Times: Photos from the red carpet at the Costume Institute Gala
- Mike Barry, social media producer for the Guardian U.S. He tweets @MikeElliotBarry.
Copyright 2020 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.