July can be the hottest month of the year, in several senses of the word.
Even if the weather does not produce totally scorching days, the arts scene is cooking with numerous events, many of them outdoors.
Our First Friday Arts segment scans the landscape for events on stages and in galleries throughout the region.
And it's ALL listener-generated content.
What we put on the air on First Friday is the phone calls we receive. Put an event on the table (and on the air) by calling 800-838-3760.
Or just listen and enjoy the wide range of events our region offers.
Our callers told us about:
- "Avenue Q" at Oregon Cabaret Theatre in Ashland
- "Under the Mango Tree" from Collaborative Theatre Project in Medford
- "Quilters" from Deja Vu Theatre and Livia Genise Productions in Ashland
- New art at Cafe 116 in Ashland
- The current show at New Zone Gallery in Eugene
- First Friday and a Lipbone Redding concert at Grants Pass Museum of Art
- The "Art of Java" at Liberty Arts in Yreka
- Art and music at Shepherd's Dream in Ashland
- Upcoming concerts at the Britt Music & Art Festival in Jacksonville