It's been a bumpy few weeks for the arts world. Wildfire smoke has forced cancellations of outdoor plays at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and forced the Britt Orchestra indoors.
But there's a lot of summer left, and a lot of great arts events planned for stages and galleries across this wide region.
We get a list of the events in our monthly First Friday Arts segment. You can listen and make plans, or you can call with details of an arts event near you... just call 800-838-3760 during the live airing of the show, Friday between 8 and 8:30 AM.
From sculpture to ska, it's all fair game.
This month's visitors:
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre in Ashland
- Liberty Arts in Yreka
- Cafe 116 in Ashland
- Cascade Theatre in Redding
- Sew Creative in Ashland
- Shasta County Arts Council - with a special fire-relief project
- Shepherd's Dream in Ashland
- Britt Festivals in Jacksonville
- Camelot Theatre in Talent
- Grants Pass Museum of Art