New Week With Old Problem: Fire And Smoke Discussed On The JX
Monday finds much of the region still struggling with fire or smoke or both.
New, higher totals of homes lost to the Almeda Fire, Slater Fire, and Archie Creek are emerging. And the fires are not out.
While firefighting continues, so do relief efforts, long and short term. We flung open phone lines and email box for news of the fires and the people affected by them.
We got another long list:
- Many MANY services in one place on the Almeda Fire Mutual Aid Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bMlKA19-JPenGF3tYJ9NJ5HZyMo6XlndIkBPKUb0LsI/edit#gid=0
- Volunteer in Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Four Two Fire meeting at 7 PM on Facebook tonight
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Drop-off and Pick-up at Carpenter Hall and courtyard of the Elizabethan Theatre 9 AM-8 PM. OSFDonationCenter Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/2643931399194388 or Call 541-601-7122
- Volunteers needed to staff the Jackson County Call Center 541-776-7338 – four hour shifts, training and equipment provided
- Rogue Action Center/Rogue Climate/SO Equity household goods pick-up/drop-off:Water bottles, containers, hand sanitizer, masks, brand-new underwear, brand-new socks
- 770 Faith Avenue, Ashland
- Living Waters Church, 360 E Jackson St, Medford
- Carpenter Hall, Oregon Shakespeare Festival Ashland
- Parking lot, Home Depot Phoenix
- Talent Maker City
- Hawthorne Park, Medford
If you don’t find what you need, ask and volunteers will work to get it.
- Respite center for Almeda fire community, through Southern Oregon University: Lithia Motors Pavilion open daily for relief from smoke, place to get food, water, bathrooms, and wifi.
- Centralized place for people to donate: Rogue Valley Relief Fund – McKenzie River Gathering Foundation (MRG) -- https://www.mrgfoundation.org/rogue-valley-relief-fund1/ Goal is $500,000, already have $10,000 Bit.ly/rvfirerelief
- White Mountain Middle School (White City) Fire Relief – 10 AM to 1 PM at the school, 550 Wilson Way in White City -- on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/thewolves
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant—taking cash or gift card donations for Latino population – See Janet or Yohada at the Restaurant, Highway 99 in North Ashland – Diapers and wipes and baby shoes – Ashland High School, too. 541-488-2276
- To get to homes standing in Level 3 Evacuation zone: The phone number to schedule an escort in Phoenix and Talent is 541-613-5194
- Your property tax assessment falls if your house burns down. County assessors remind owners of burned homes to apply for relief.